As announced, the Election of the following positions for the financial year 2021-2022 will be held on Saturday, June 26th 2021 between 9:00am to 6:30pm, with a one hour break between 1:00pm-2:00pm, subject to the prevailing Covid-19 guidelines at the time.
Venue - St. James Mar Thoma Church, 167, Avery Hill Road, New Eltham, SE9 2EX.
Positions: Vice President, Secretary, Trustee Accounts, Lay Leaders (1 & 2), Auditors (1 & 2). Each of the positions will have a separate ballot paper.
1) Please bring along a proof of identification and a pen
2) Please make sure you collect 5 ballot papers - one for each of the positions above
3) Please make sure all the ballot papers has an official seal and initials of the polling officer(s). This will be done in your presence.
4) Please make sure there are no other markings or any identification markings on the ballot papers. The ballot papers are anonymous and should not be traceable to the member.
5) For the Vice President, Secretary & Trustee Accounts, only put one X mark in the box against the one candidate you wish to support.
6) For the Lay Leaders and Auditors, please put X mark against the two candidates you wish to support
7) Any other markings on the ballot paper or more than the desired selection can nullify the vote.
8) Please put the ballot paper in the designated ballot box.
9) Please leave the premise straight after to enable everyone to attend.
Further details on the process and guidelines has been announced in the Church by the Vicar (Returning Officer)."
The Maramon Convention, one of the largest Christian convention in Asia, is held at Maramon, Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India annually in February on the vast sand-bed of the Pampa River next to the Kozhencherry Bridge. It is organised by Mar Thoma Evangelistic Association, the missionary wing of the Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church.
The origin and growth of this annual get-together for one week at a stretch can be traced to the great revival movement which gathered momentum during the reformation period in the Syrian Churches of Kerala under the pioneering leadership of Abraham Malpan in the latter part of the 19th century. This brought about the transformation in resurgence of the ancient apostolic Churches in Kerala founded by St. Thomas the Apostle approximately in AD 52
Christmas Raffle 2020
Terms and conditions of Christmas Raffle 2020 participation:
1. By purchasing a raffle ticket you agree to these terms and conditions. Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. STJTMC decisions pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be final and binding.
2. You represent and agree that:
a. You are 16 years of age or over.
b. You are a resident of the United Kingdom.
c. You will not buy or purport to buy an entry in this raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 16.
d. You will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address.
3. You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraph 2.
4. Contact information collected on the counterfoil of raffle tickets will be used for the sole purpose of notifying winners. All winners are required to co-operate with the Promoter’s right to publish their win.
5. Each raffle ticket costs £5 per play, payable in advance. Entries may not be sold to or by anyone under 16 years of age. Each ticket represents one entry only.
6. STJTMC is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, or entries that reach us after the closing date, or for any delay in bank payments. Any money received after the closing date will be treated as a donation.
7. Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
8. The Christmas Raffle draw will be conducted on 20 December 2020 at 2pm, or if this is not possible, on the next working day. The draw takes place at Mar Thoma Centre, 167 Avery Hill Road, SE9 2EX. A random selection of paper tickets is used to select raffle prize winners. Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the 1st prize down to the last one.
9. Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw. A list of winning ticket numbers will be made available within 7 days of the draw at https://www.marthomachurch.org.uk/raffle or in print on request by calling the office on 020 3730 5347, unless there are delays in contacting the winners, in which case the list will be made available as soon as the winners' names are finalised. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Winners cheques are sent within 14 days of the draw.
10. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
11. Prizes are allocated as follows:
First prize: £500 Second prize £300 Third prize: £200 Consolation prize: two prizes of £100
“The likelihood of a ticket winning any prize in our raffle is more than 1 in 3000.” – This is based on the total number of tickets printed.